Monday, September 14, 2009

Finally!

I finally got around to making another post! Huzzah! Let's see... what's new in the last 9 months...

I successfully finished my first and second student teaching blocks at St. James Collegiate. They went pretty well, I learned a lot and made some friends among the teaching staff there.

Katie and I went on a trip to Minnesota after we were done our teaching blocks. It was alot of fun; we went to a Twins game, Valley Fair, Mall of America, and some of the less known sights such as the sculpture gardens, St. Paul's Cathedral, and went horseback riding too. I think my favorite part was going camping and horseback riding with Katie, it was great.

We both worked at Fort Whyte Alive this year as section coordinators as well. It worked out pretty well, I thought we were a good team at our site. I had a lot of fun, and got to work with some awesome kids. The counsellors were, for the most part, pretty good as well.

I just started back at the U of M. Classes seem like they'll be alright this term, though not as fun as in previous terms. I also got to go to my new school, which is Steinbach Regional Secondary School (SRSS). It's a huge school! Over 1300 students go there. Because of this, they have some really neat vocational programs.

I'm starting back at the U of M tomorrow... I'd much rather be at SRSS. But oh well, I'm sure I'll look back on doing regular classes and wonder why I ever wanted to do anything else.

Anyways... I guess that's a recap of what I've been up to in the last while. I'm going to go play some video games and make my lunch for tomorrow in my FANCY new lunch bag that I got from my parents for my birthday! It has a HANDLE! Amazing!

Graham

No comments: